April 19, 2010

Not Suitable for Young Sweet Tooths

In preparation for a party, I had a lot of baking to do.  I got a box of chocolate cake batter, followed the instructions, then poured the mixture into the pans.  You really need to do a good job greasing the pan first and make sure there is enough in the tip as that is the part most likely to cook too fast and be so thin it sticks and stays in the pan.


I made an icing out of powdered sugar, water, and vanilla as I knew it would give me the color and consistency I needed.  Beware of adding too much water! I ended up making 20 times the amount I NEEDED.  Start off with minimal amounts of water and by this I mean like a tablespoon.  I added about half a cup of water to a bowl and needed cups and cups of sugar to thicken it up.




After arranging them on the platter, I put on some coconut pubes and gave it a jizzle drizzle.  The tray was also good for some candy making.  I melted bags of chocolate for this one in a makeshift double broiler.


Success!  
And my husband thinks I can't cook...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...