January 26, 2012

Cleaning the Craft Room

What HAVE I been up to?  Spending 5+ hrs a day tackling my monstrosity of a sewing room.  When I work I pull out everything I need and spread it out on the floor around me.  Then when I have to go to work or downstairs for dinner, I leave it there so I can easily pick up where I was later.  That coupled with the fact that I have so many hobbies has contributed to THIS:


That spot barely visible above the pink suitcase is where I sit to work.  Watching some hoarders episodes along with nesting has finally given me the kick in the ass I need.  Every bead, ribbon, scrap of paper, and paperclip is being sorted through and it's all getting a new home.  I have bags and bags of stuff I know I will never use and that is being donated.  Believe it or now, what you see below is PROGRESS!


Getting rid of so much crap will make this room easier to handle and make craft times more efficient.

Goodwill Cat
 Now here it looks like a step backwards but I swear it's still progress.  This is 4 days into the project:

When I have some "After" photos available I will post some tips for tackling the worst messes.  You wouldnt believe my downstairs is really nice, but it is.  I don't need a hoarding intervention- Just a craft supply hoarding intervention!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...