November 26, 2009

A Thanksgiving Day recap of some fave meals

I'm going to post awesome things my husband has made until the USB cable I ordered comes in. It takes 5-15 business days to ship and it's only been 13 or so.

Within my photo library I've collected my favoritest of meals so he doesn't forget about them.

On this particular afternoon, we had quesadillas.

Ingredients:
Flour Tortillas, lightly buttered on each side
Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
Sliced, canned JalapeƱos
Diced Onion
Cooked Chorizo (Mexican Sausage)
Pinto Beans (cooked and mashed)

The key to making store-bought tortillas taste better than paper plates, is to:
a) heat them up on the open flame of a gas stove; giving each side about 15-20 seconds
or
b) putting butter or margarine on each side and heating it in a skillet, flipping halfway through.

The same methods also work for Corn Tortillas. And if making this meal, the sausage must come OUT of its casing! Chorizo comes in Mild and Hot varieties.

Delicious Salad

Ingredients:
Fresh Spinach
Goat Cheese
Canned Mandarin Oranges (drained)
Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, Assorted Nuts
Dried Fruit

I love this with a sweet, raspberry vinaigrette.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...