April 9, 2010

Hippie Headbands

I have this great vintage Macrame book I've owned for decades and after admiring the images for so long I settled on a few pieces I wanted to master.  One was a sweet bikini and the other was a great headband.

After trying FOREVER to get down macrame basics I finally started to make one only to find out you need MASSIVE lengths of hemp and I ended up with just enough knotting for a choker.  Since I have a million crocheted roses I was making pins and barrettes with, I just made them into the hippie headbands I was craving for so long. 


I have a pic of myself from when I was about 4 with a piece of leather tied around my forehead and it was such a good look then, I'm gonna go with it.  Seems to be "in" anyways.  Plus these  can be worn 4 ways.  As a regular headband, hippie headband, choker, and wrist corsage.



I'm having so much fun adding the beads to the end for finishing touches.



I have about 30 of these made and I've got to get around to selling them.  Started posting them online and I have the opportunity to sell at an event today but I miss having Artisans Alliance with me at craft events.  Selling Solo is like mama bird throwing me out of the nest.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...