March 14, 2011

Sunday Hike in the Tea Garden Tank

A gorgeous day, becoming of Daylight Savings and a great preview of Spring which is just one week away!  Had an amazing time visiting the local Farmer's Market and having some fried fish which came with the best Hush Puppies I've ever had.  There were so many vendors with herbs that I later planted my basil seeds, seeing how they're all so far ahead of me!   Then we went for a great walk through the woods, along a creek, and around a pond.

A true lady,  I was sure to have matching wedge heels for our journey.  And though a sign suggested we turn back and not trudge the uncertain terrain ahead, we went for it!  Every time we came to a spot where we needed to cross the creek, we joked about who would be the one to fall in and, of course, the last one we come across (where there was a family of four hanging out to witness) I totally take the plunge. Lucky I only screamed out, "Oh, Shhhh-(glance toward parents watching the scene)-oooot!  See!  I don't cuss!" With squishy shoes and bits of leaves floating around my toes we trekked back to the car.

A super day indeed and I got to test run my new top made from vintage fabric and trim with the sleeves of an upcycled shirt.



I have a lot of these shirts and dresses to sew but unfortunately I  also have a lot dishes that need attending to.  I might compromise and just do enough so I can cook dinner then paint my nails.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...