March 25, 2010

Nostril Piercing

I REALLY want to get a nostril piercing.  I had one before but Im too touchy feely with my nose (picker) and was with someone who was very conservative so I took it out.  I like the look of a stud but apparently the best jewelry to start out with is a ring and you should leave it in for months til it's all healed.  After having had 14 piercings, I still always think I could be that one weird, rare case.  I could deal with the ring but being a hypochondriac I've been googling piercing PROBLEMS.  Oh, and images as well.

Whoo Boy!!

"It comes after research estimated one in 10 adults in England have piercings in places other than their earlobes.
More than a quarter have had complications while 13 per cent have had problems so serious they sought further help.
Almost one in 100 piercings among young people aged 16 to 24 led to them being admitted to hospital.
Among this age group, 31 per cent of piercings result in complications, with half of those requiring medical attention."

I'd like to know my chances of developing a "bump" or horrible scar tissue.  I'd love to be able to see my face in the future and know if it was a good choice.  Amidst pictures of gorgeous, Indian jewelry and medical oddities, I came across this cool blog:
http://www.whiteindianhousewife.com/

It was a nice mental  break but back to reading about pus, compresses, and keloids....

Also,
I have been featured on Dollar Store Crafts, hooray!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...