October 13, 2011

A long day of chores ahead...

I did end up making the Chicken Enchilada Recipe from my last post and it was VERY good.  I think I've heard somewhere that tomatoes in a can become tainted because the citric acid leeches impurities from the metal.  So I used two Roma tomatoes (bought three, oh well) and a jalaepño as a replacement.  I guess pesticides aren't much better but at least i get a chance to scrub at those suckers.

And here is a shot of the fabulous soup!  I wanted more of the enchilada sauce so I just added the ingredients I had on hand like chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper, and onion powder.  Also  did not use the crock pot because I attended an impromptu picnic in the park followed by a session of thrifting.  Cooking on the skillet then putting it into a pot works just fine.  It kind of looks like you work at a fake puke factory but try not to focus on it.


 And I finally started making some winter neck warmers again!  My stash is really low and I'm going to try and make something everyday to try and build up for the holiday inventory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...