February 16, 2010

Healthy Habits, another tea bag wallet

Found The How To Herb Book at a thrift store today and picked up salad fixins at the store.  Replacing one meal a day with something healthy has been pretty easy and it's keeping me on track to my ultimate goal of having 70% of what I eat being super good for me.


Sauteed Tofu
Avocado
Spinach
Flax Seed
Dried Cranberries
A seed mix
Cucumber
Goat Cheese
Mandarin Oranges
Black Forest Ham

Can't get much healthier than that!   

I've also been perfecting my tea bag wallets:




And as far as my fitness goals, today was the second day in a row I practiced Yoga.  It may not seem like a milestone, but it was an effort that resulted in a goal realized.  As I sat through one of the poses I realized that at least I did it.  
Even if you miss a day, you can't focus on what you didn't do because you're really just where you would be anyway.  Every day I wake up and stretch out on my mat I'm succeeding.  Every day I DONT, isn't a failure, but a day like any other.   I think this attitude will make it easier to return after a break and help keep positive thinking going.  

So many of the health books I've been reading put a real emphasis on not only the diet, but our thoughts. A spirit of giving and love is important and being forgiving not just toward others, but yourself.  If I go a few days without exercising, I'll just try again tomorrow.

I'm still not trying fish, though.  Blech!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...