July 15, 2010

Recent Etsy Purchases

When there's money in my PayPal account, it doesn't stay there long!

As I journeyed deep into the shops of Etsy last night I came across The Healing Leaf who sells herbal teas and other goods.  The ingredients are organic and with each listing she has some information on how the herbs can be used as remedies for common ailments.  I read through her many positive reviews and placed an order for some Lady's Mantle, Yarrow, and Yerba Santa- how could I not when shipping is so much cheaper on multiple purchases?  She shipped them out today and I am anxiously awaiting making a great pot of tea!

I still continue my search for alternative medicines and grow increasingly frustrated with pharmaceutical ads on television and in magazines.  It's such a joke to mask your symptoms while never addressing the true cause AND to do damage to your bodies with these drugs!

There are so few out there who want to help you be truly healthy and some of them are pursued by the government (FDA) because a cure to anything would diminish the profits of many billionaires.  As the presidents of organizations such as the American Cancer Society drive around in mercedes and jaguars do you think they'd give up their money, lifestyles, and that of their children to replace these ongoing treatments with finalizing cures?  They don't want you to buy one med and be cured.  They want you to buy your pills every month for the rest of your life and be scared to stop.

And best of all, many times the cure isn't even a manufactured product- it's an herb you can grow in your garden or simply an issue of a nutrient deficiency.  How can they make money on that?

You must also be wary of those who present themselves as altruists but are really looking to profit from those seeking true healing.  An example would be Kevin Trudeau- though I found many great truths and advice in his book, the majority of it was political and of course there was the To Be Continued aspect so that you need to buy all his books.  Please go to the library.  The books I have are from the goodwill, various thrift stores, handed down, or bought on sale.  This should be shared knowledge and our health should not be a for profit operation.

Wow, I really just wanted to say I'm excited to get my teas!

Last week I purchased some great items from Blood Pudding Press

I was very pleased with the art supplies I ordered and it was very cutely packaged!  Please check out both shops and as much as possible support artists and one of a kind products.  Even when something is more expensive, there's no need to be a materialistic society that thrives on the swelling amount of possessions we can attain- an item we save up for will be cherished and passed on with more sentiment than any bauble we'd get at a Target.  Plus, who wants to walk around and see 50 other people in their city with the same item?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...