January 7, 2010

I'm a tea bagger.

And I've been seeing those cool tea bag wallets everywhere online. When I was about to purchase one, I stopped myself, slapped myself, and asked: Why don't you MAKE one when you have 5 shelves of fabric plus some still in boxes?!

After slapping myself back, never to be out-done, I realized it was a great idea. I'm not big on patterns so just got some fabric and tea bags from the kitchen and set about my work.

Although I did once make fun of a couple at the local diner that ordered, "just hot water" and proceeded to make their own tea at the table. But they were also sitting on the same side of the table at a booth seat. I expected them to pull out their own bread to be toasted as well. I may have been hungover and sorta cynical.

Anyways- to continue on with yet another paragraph beginning with an A...




Corduroy from old pair of Old Navy Pants
Orange Felt I got for free somehow
Amazing wool scrap
Vintage button and calico fabric I bought from a woman who no longer can sew
Thick green yarn I got from someone


I last minute changed my mind on the fabric for the second pocket so imagine the skinny orange and green rectangles replaced by the one rust colored wool rectangle.

Since I hardly drink anymore, I carry around a travel mug and teas so I can still merrily participate and not wind up passed out under the table in a most un-merry fashion.

Wonder what I'll make today.... My guess, is a mess.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...