March 15, 2010

Muddy Days, Planting the seeds away..

As you can see, I had quite a productive day outdoors:


I think I need another pair of Nomad rubber boots.  Maybe in red this time.  A pair for mud and a pair for rain.

So I have a lot of high expectations for the coming season.  So far I've mostly planted herbs but I do have squash, beans, cumquats and spinach in pots as well.   The thing thats growing the best so far is the garlic I got from my sister's fridge because it already had an inch or so of greenery and a decent root system.  Having done well in dark, cold conditions I expect it to flourish in sunlight and dirt.



I also worked on some of the outdoor decor and hung random thingys around that I had made:



Then I saw what looked like a jumping rock, and after chasing it down handed it off to my husband so I could run in for my camera:





Then after chasing a squirrel, one of the cats followed suit and actually CAUGHT it for me.  He released it and then chased it up a tree.  He set up vigilant watch at the base of this tree for quite some time despite my many attempts to distract him and let the poor squirrel run away.



Despite such muddy conditions, I took a stroll round the woods


After coming inside, I played around with my magnificent, recent acquisition of a nepalese, hand carved set of Mexican Milagro stamps.

Milagros are small metal religious charms found in many areas of Latin America, especially Mexico and Peru. The word “Milagro” means “miracle”. They are also used in Europe, where they are often referred to as Exvotos (Offerings). These small charms, often depicting arms, legs, praying people, farm animals and a wide range of other subjects are typically nailed or pinned to crosses or wooden statues of various saints like the Virgin Mary or Christ, sacred objects, pinned on the clothing of saint statues, or hung with little red ribbons or threads from altars and shrines. They are also carried for protection and good luck


I want to mail small, stamped cards with online purchases to send off good luck and prayers around the world. 




And I finally got my earring holder up.  It was made by The Sign Guy from Tremont in Cleveland and was originally a piece of wall art however now it is utilitarian wall art.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...