March 7, 2010

Spring Weekend

There's a great place here that will clean out your garage/attic/storage place FOR FREE and whatever you want to get rid of, they donate, recycle, or sell at their shop which is like an indoor garage sale.  Found some AMAZING things for cheap and I loved the electronics room where they had such beauties as these televisions:


I ended up buying vintage suitcases and a few bottles of Lugger bullet shells.  The weather was great so we also went around to some green houses to start planning the gardens.  That's where I met this interesting fellow.



I think he was made by NC State students.  The guy had to spend the night in jail for stealing city property but the publicity was worth it as now others have been putting in orders for these Construction Barrel Men.  Here you can also see my new fave boots, the rubber Nomads I got a few months ago.  I merrily tromped through mud and puddle and walked under some waterfalls with them.


The people that own the greenhouses had the most amazing yard and had created waterfalls on the property.




Later we built a fire in the backyard and whenever the flames waned, we pulled out the gas powered leaf blower to get it going again:



I caught fire once but it was only a smidgeon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...