March 25, 2010

Once in a million tortillas...

Some have said it is the face of Jesus.  While cooking up a great mexican meal, this guy appeared on one of the tortillas:


Super happy, despite his ultimate fate of being devoured alive at dinner.  It took a lifetime of making these for my mom to be graced by such a miraculous apparition.  

My grandmother said it's the devil.  But I think he only makes appearances on Devil's Food Cakes and the oh so sinful creme brulee. 

On my list of things to make today, is a skirt with an appliquéd giraffe.  I drew inspiration from this great book I got on clearance at an antique/junk shop yesterday.  It has pics of clothing and articles from the 60's.  Here she is, the "Gay Day" Giraffe, made in South Africa.


I eventually want to try making the plush toy as well, but it's number 138 on my to do list.  Today is for skirts.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...