March 28, 2010

Tea Party

Gorgeous Weather, Blooming Peach Tree Branches in vases, Cherry Plates, and some delicious pie on sale at Target all called for an afternoon tea party.  This tablecloth was a clearance find at a Target as well but from the end of last season.  Man, I like collecting stuff.  The dishes were not mine, but maybe someday will be my inheritance, hee hee.

In the name of gardening, some branches must be pruned away- but their beauty cannot go to waste!
This is the vase from my bedroom I brought down for the day.  I acquired it from a church yard sale.



Gorgeous!



I began setting the table with hand-sewn pot-holders and set an array of teas on a plate.  The plate stand came from a store just this week and was half off.  Oooh lala!



There are random containers of these branches all over the house.


The peach-raspberry pie was amazing as was the strawberry shortcake.  I wash it down (and the cookies) with about 5 glasses of tea, so I expect a lot of bathroom breaks tonight.



I finally acquired a copy of the long-sought Herb Book by John Lust.  I even got it for free!  Major score.  The herbs have begun springing in the yard yet not so many of my new seeds.  I think I should have obeyed the package and waited til April/May to plant them, but I was so anxious in March.  Oh well.  Something is doing very well, but I neglected to label them so I have no idea what it is.  At least my beans are doing well!

I'm about to transplant some spearmint from the ground into a pot to start an indoor garden.  I also bought more seeds today but I'm waiting to plant them.  At least the Herb Fest is right around the corner and I hope to buy lots of things!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...